Monday, October 13, 2008

POST @ CSAH 2008



My fellow housemates and I presented a group show once again this year for the Philadelphia Open Studio Tours (POST). We all had a great time meeting our neighbors and sharing our collective voice via visual art. Presenters included Christine Baran, Christine Blair of Fleisher Art Memorial, Jeancy Martinez, Art by Nathan, and of course, yours truly.


C. Baran wowed us with her mixed media interpretation of her two hip replacements from 1991 as well as 2000, while C. Blair pulled her etching and printing expertise to the forefront with a new technique using beeswax. Jeancy made the show all gangsta with his hot low riding chopper bicycle. Nathan displayed his cheeky sense of humor with anime style drawings as I dazzled the world (or maybe just Kensington) with my newest obsession, sewn portraits.

Stay tuned for upcoming holiday shows from Belle Tower and more of this sewn portrait thing, I may be on to something. :)





See what I'm talking about @ www.belletower.etsy.com

No comments: